Speaking of Dashas in Vedic Astrology, they shape an individual’s life and the consequences of actions taken and not taken. Dashas give a clear indication of the effect of each planet in the natal chart. Planets give fruitful results and malefic effects depending on the house in which they are positioned. Here, we will talk about Venus Mahadasha, its effects, and results. The article also speaks about the remedies to take to derive maximum benefit from this, often fruitful, Dasha.
Mahadasha of Venus
Let’s get straight to the point. Venus Mahadasha lasts for 20 years. It’s the planet with the longest time period amongst other planets in the entire Dasha cycle. Also called Shukra, Venus is a highly beneficial planet, giving loads of comforts and materialistic gains.
Characteristics of Venus
In Vedic Astrology, Venus is a planet representing love, sexuality, passion, art, creativity, sensuality and other pleasures of life. The beneficial planet by nature almost always gives auspicious results like:
- A good marriage followed by children, wealth, prosperity and honour
- The individual will be endowed with jewels and good clothing
- A desire for education or a career in creative fields bear fruits
- New ventures begin and profits from the business are likely
- Inheritance of accumulated wealth from ancestors
- The native will be blessed with a beautiful life partner
- The opposite sex gives all the happiness and pleasures
- A luxurious house and property gains are likely
- Professional achievements are very likely
Ill Effects of a Weak Venus
Venus can give malefic results if combined with Sun, Mars, Saturn, Rahu, or Ketu. The afflicted effects of Venus can mean a lot of suffering and brings endless trials with sorrow in relationships and marriage. Your inner creativity will not be explored for many years.
Venus plays a significant role in native’s life when it comes to the compatibility with their partner, monetary gains through spouse, success in business, luxury in life & the timing of their marriage. Afflicted Venus in the birth chart can affect these aspects in a native’s life.
To know the dignity of planet Venus and its results in your life you may request a consultation with our astrologers to get detailed chart reading & remedies to lessen the effect of ill placed planets.
The Period of Venus Mahadasha
Venus Mahadasha comes immediately after Ketu Dasha and is an auspicious phase for those having suffered harsh Ketu Dasha for seven years. Those who have lost almost everything during the Ketu Dasha regain them back during Venus Mahadasha.
However, the lessons of Ketu or a Venus-Saturn period is a reminder that things can change anytime. In other words, Ketu proves that the luxuries of life are just illusions and people can become wise in later stages of life to let them go.
Venus Mahadasha and Venus Antardasha
A string of benefits awaits the native with the effect of Venus Antardasha in Venus Mahadasha. There will be wealth gain and prosperity with a host of comforts. The native will earn good name and fame in the society and there will be an increase in the intensity of desires in personal life.
It will be the dawn of new fruitful relationships while existing ones will deepen with love and romance. The individual will pursue fine arts, and loads of enjoyment and indulgence bring vigour back into life.
In its simplest form, Venus Antardasha is the extension of Venus Mahadasha for a prolonged period. It’s important to note that the benefits of Venus is moderate in the beginning during the Antardasha and gets better with time. However, there can be a reverse effect towards the end of Venus Antardasha, though not always.
Making Venus Better and Stronger in Your Life
When Venus is not well-placed in the natal chart, it gives bad results and the individual’s image will get spoilt. There will be losses, strained relationships, additional loans and debts, and other ill-effects. The following are the most effective Venus Mahadasha Remedies to incorporate in order to reverse the malefic effects of Venus:
- Wear silver items and keep silver objects in the wallet or purse
- Donate white food and ornaments on Fridays to girls in need
- Always wear neat and presentable clothes
- Worship Goddess Lakshmi on Fridays
- Avoid drinking alcohol and eating non-veg on Fridays
- Chant “Om Shum Shukraya Namaha” 108 times daily
- Always wash your used clothes before wearing them again
- Light a camphor lamp every evening in the house to eliminate negativity
- Never take gifts from others or anything for free
- Feed cows green grass daily or at least every Friday
Apart from the infrequent effects of a malefic Venus, this planet of love and joy almost always brings an array of benefits. Additionally, Venus Mahadasha will bring prosperity and fulfil desires with ascendants like Taurus, Gemini, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn, and Aquarius. The native will be full of purity and trueness and will be inclined towards social pursuits.