Are you excited and optimistic about a goal to be achieved soon, and suddenly you see that you are in the midst of a roadblock with no escape? Doe this happen with you very often? Are you facing failure in a career even if you have given more than 100% at your work? Are you always in financial debts? Then, this may be a sign of the existence of the Grahan Dosha in your horoscope.
Grahan Dosha in Vedic Astrology
Grahan Dosh is a situation when Sun or Moon comes in the same house with Rahu or Ketu in your birth chart, or at the lagna period. Rahu or Ketu are always moving in the opposite direction. Their attributes are also opposite to each other. Rahu denotes material desire, aggression, and passion. While, Ketu signifies moksha, detachment, and silence. Rahu and Ketu, like the other planets, are orbiting around the sun. It is during this revolution around the Sun or Moon that Rahu or Ketu can be in the line of the sun or the moon at one point of time. When this happens, mostly during a solar or lunar eclipse, the child will have a birth chart with Grahan Dosh.
Sun represents father, control and discipline. While Moon represents mother, passion, and love. Hence, when Rahu or Ketu, come close to the Sun or Moon, it will lead to extremes of these emotions. Therefore, life will never remain in balance.
According to Vedic Astrology, anyone who has Grahan Dosha in the birth chart has a life full of difficulties. His/ her life remains in darkness like the solar and lunar eclipse unless they seek astrological advice.
The effects of Grahan Dosha are:
- Even if you get financial success, wealth will not stick to you. Very soon it will find a way out of your house.
- Achievements at work will be next to impossible.
- Your emotions will be out of your control, like anger, excitement, and worries.
- Aggression and rebellious nature will make your life difficult.
- Respect for elders, their advice, and suggestions will minimize.
- You will always feel everyone is your enemy.
- There will distrust relationships.
- The mind will not be stable.
- Depression and remorse will get better of you.
- You might find fault in everything.
- It will be difficult to achieve financial gains.
These can be resolved through some remedies.
The biggest remedy, of course, is to seek advice from a good Jyotish or astrologer. You must go to a knowledgeable astrologist who wants you to come out of your situation rather than only look for a way to earn.
The best remedy from Grahan Dosha is to perform puja on the day of Chandra Grahan(lunar eclipse) or Surya Grahan (Solar Eclipse). You must fix these days with the astrologer and plan the puja well in advance.
Besides, there are also remedies that can be performed on different days of the week.
Remedy from Surya Grahan Dosha
If you are afflicted with Surya coming in proximity to Rahu or Ketu, then you must:
- Offer water to the sun every day of the week.
- Offer red cloth to an unmarried girl.
- Not take salt on Sundays.
- Chant Aditya Hridaya Strota.
- Chant Maha Mrityunjay Mantra.
- Follow a Guru and do his Seva.
- Pray to Lord Shiva and Lord Hanuman.
- On 5 Sundays, and Amavasayas, you can offer a packet of wheat grain and coconut to flowing water before 10 am.
Remedy from Chandra Grahan Dosha
If you are afflicted with Chandra coming in proximity to Rahu or Ketu, then you must:
- Donate white cloth to an unmarried girl.
- Offer kheer to girls.
- Chant Gayatri Mantra.
- Chant Mrityunjay Mantra.
- You can fast on full moon days and offer water to the moon.
- Offer water to a Shivaling on Mondays.
- Donate white food items on Mondays.
Siddhi yantras can be kept at the place of worship in your house. You can also keep a Maha Mrityunjay yantra, Hanuman yantra, or a Rahu/ Ketu yantra at home.
These remedies might not completely do away with the negativities of these doshas, but definitely help you in reducing the degree of its effects.