While the Western world gives prominence to Sun signs or the zodiac signs, the Vedic astrology bases its studies on lunar constellations, i.e. the Nakshatras
The movement of the moon into different houses and the manifestations of these movements forms the crux of studies, as it transitions from one house to another in approximately 2.3 days
The moon is believed to signify the softer aspects of a person’s like the intellect, intuition and mannerisms. These are believed to be defined by the Nakshatra at the time of the person’s birth
- The second Nakshatra in the Vedic Astrology, Bharani is the bearer representing the fertility aspects
- This ranges from 13020’ to 26040’ under the Aries zodiac
- Bharani, represented by the vagina, signifies everything to do with fertility, growth, nurturing of life and changes that take internally, manifesting in the outer world
- The ruling deity of the Bharani Nakshatra is Yama, the God of death. As Yama is also known to be the judge of right and wrong, Bharani Nakshatra characterises a strong sense of justice
- Bharani is believed to be an extremely pure Nakshatra, carrying the purity and sanctity of the first fire to be lit.
- Thus, it also represents a lot of heat and properties of fire like radiating light, flickering and unwillingness to be tamed
- The first characteristic that stands out for an individual born under the Bharani Nakshatra is the firmness and belief in themselves
- These individuals are extremely dependable and very close to their family and friends.
- Hence, in times of need, they become the pillar of strength for their loved ones
- Thanks to their association with birth and growth aspects, these individuals are extremely creative and do well in almost all fields that require some form of creativity
- Their love for growth also makes them well learned and hence very successful in whichever career they choose to be a part of.
- The fire instincts in the individuals born under the Bharani Nakshatra make them extremely courageous and stand up for what they believe.
- As this Nakshatra represents nurturing and fertility, almost all individuals born under Bharani Nakshatra are blessed with good health for most of their lives
Some of the characteristics that make individuals born under Bharani Nakshatra so dependable, also turn out to be negative in their extreme forms. For example, these individuals are too independent and hence do not listen to others’ opinions
The individuals born in this particular Nakshatra are very brave like the fire and do not care about the opinions of the others.
They will speak their mind under all circumstances, even if that means hurting the people they love
The people of Bharani Nakshatra are extremely stubborn and hence are generally not liked by those around.
They do not like to be told how to do anything and will do it only the way they want to. In case, they are bound to follow someone’s orders, and they will resent it forever
Since they prefer growth and multitasking, the individuals born in the Bharani Nakshatra end up accepting a lot more work than they can deliver. Hence, they run the risk of not delivering on their commitments as well as a potential burnout
- Some personality traits help in identifying an individual born in the Bharani Nakshatra, the first being their honesty.
- These individuals are honest to a fault and are not generally well-liked for this one trait
- These individuals are also kind, family oriented and extremely loyal towards their near and dear ones, respecting all elders
- They stand for what they believe is right and can break a relationship with their closest friends if they believe they have been wronged. However, if the concerned person apologises from the heart, these individuals can forgive and forget as easily
- The people born under the influence of the Bharani Nakshatra are neither tactful nor deceitful. With them what they believe is what you get
- A typical personality trait of the individuals born under this Nakshatra is that they are not good subordinates but are leaders. Hence, they typically shine in public fields like public speaking
Typical Career Paths
- As the Bharani Nakshatra represents fertility and birth, the individuals born under this Nakshatra do well in fields that have to do with it as well as figuratively.
- Hence, some of the typical career paths for these individuals are as doctors, gynaecologists, childbirth specialists, paediatricians and veterinarians
- Another good career option for these individuals is to do with creativity like music, cinema, painting, dancing, photography and other art forms
- As these individuals tend to be great with children thanks to the growth aspect as well as their kindness, they also become good teachers and counsellors
- Another interesting stream of careers that these individuals can pursue is that related to geology, especially something to do with studies on volcanic activities, earthquake specialists, geophysics etc.
- Owing to their sense of justice, these individuals can also look at career options in the judiciary.