Types of Vedic Chart:
- A “chart” is prepared basis the information of rasis and the degrees/ houses occupied by all planets.
- By determining the rasis occupied by all planets, upagrahas, lagna and special lagnas in the 12 Rasis.
Method of drawing charts:
- South Indian style chart ruled by Jupiter
- North Indian style diamond chart ruled by Venus and
- East Indian style Sun chart ruled by Sun.
South and East Indian Formats are Rasi based – I.E Rasi’s are in a fixed position. In bhava-based chart (North Indian) drawing formats bhava (house) is always at a fixed position
Chart Representation of Lord Sree Rama
Characteristics of Chart Types
- In the south and East Indian chart the boxes containing Ar, Ta, Ge etc are constant. Rashis are fixed and Houses move depending on Lagna/Ascendant; Lagna is identified by drawing two parallel signs in corresponding Rashi/Sign. Movement of Houses is in clockwise direction and starts from Lagna
- The north Indian format the ASC is constant. Houses are fixed and Rashis move depending on Lagna/Ascendant and the Movement of Houses is in anti-clockwise direction
There are some special lagnas defined by Sage Parasara. Most widely used among them are Hora lagna and Ghati lagna.
Bhaava lagna is at the position of Sun at the time of sunrise and moves at the rate of one rasi per 2 hours.
Hora lagna is at the position of Sun at the time of sunrise and moves at the rate of one rasi per hour.
Ghati lagna is at the position of Sun at the time of sunrise and moves at the rate of one rasi per ghati or 24 minutes.
Application of Special Lagnas
Normal lagna shows self. Hora lagna shows self, from the point of view of money, wealth and prosperity. Ghati lagna shows self, from the point of view of fame, power and authority.
Sree means Lakshmi and goddess of wealth and is important for prosperity.