- Nakshatras or stars (if translated literally) have been given a lot of importance in Vedic Astrology.
- But liberally it translates to an arrangement of a group of stars in a particular fashion.
- These star arrangements during the birth of a person are believed to impact the characteristics and personality of that person heavily.
Considered as highly auspicious, the name of this Nakshatra has been derived from the mythological character Shravana Kumar, the utmost devoted son to his parents.
Shravan belongs to Makar Rashi or the Capricorn. The ruler of this Nakshatra is Lord Vishnu.
It is also the birth of star of Devi Saraswati, and hence the natives of Shravan are believed to be intelligent, knowledge gainer and good listeners.
Shravan translates to ‘hearing’, and therefore this Nakshatra is considered to be of listening and learning.
In the night sky, the shape of the stars resembles an eagle. It also has the symbol in the shape of an ear or three Foot prints.
The foot prints relate to the story of Vamana Avatar of Vishnu and he asking King Bali to give him land equivalent to his three steps.
- Being associated with Goddess Saraswati, the natives of this Nakshatra are intelligent and knowledgeable.
- In ancient times, the knowledge was passed on through orally, and Shravan has an ear symbol. Thus, people born under this Nakshatra have a great ability to obtain knowledge through listening.
- Those born under Shravan seek wisdom and are usually experts in art forms like music, dance and acting.
- These people are warm, caring, affable and take great care of their parents.
- Those born under this Nakshatra always achieve their goals and spread their need for peace in the people around them.
- The people born under Shravan Nakshatra are lovely and compassionate. They are responsible and are severely dedicated to their duties.
- Just like the namesake, Shravana Kumar, their devotion to their parents is fierce and never fail or disappoint them.
- The natives of this Nakshatra are highly dependable and never break the trust of those around them.
- They possess immense knowledge and are constantly curious, hungry for more knowledge. Thus they emit wisdom wherever they go. This also makes them lovable.
- Comprehensive personality traits for people born under Shravan Nakshatra also includes gratitude, courage, and forgiveness.
- Their personality makes them a respectable crowd in the society.
- Another great positive trait for these people is their perfectionism. They finish their tasks with perfection and are extremely conscious of their work is flawless. This meticulous nature brings them success in life.
- They are bold and frank, and their dedication towards their work makes sure that they live a comfortable life with a respectable income.
- The flip side to the personality of people born under Sravana Nakshatra carries negative characteristic signs like adamance and selfishness.
- This adamant nature comes from the fact that by birth people of this Nakshatra are shrewd. Combined with their powerful knowledge and wisdom, they can tend to become inflexible.
- They are extremely ambitious and determined about their work. Their zeal to achieve their goals in any way possible might make them harm other people.
- Because they are generally liked by people around them, they can become overly conscious about what everyone thinks of them. This behaviour can lead to self-destruction eventually.
- The jealousy and gossip can lead them to make a few enemies and adversaries in their life span.
- Also, their generous nature can prove to be a problem for them if unchecked. The compulsion to help others and be nice can lead to poverty and can also lead them to a huge debt.
- People born under Shravan Nakshatra are hardworking, perfectionists, ambitious and intelligent. All these traits make them very successful businessmen.
- Because this Nakshatra is dominated by Goddess Saraswati, they also make very good engineers, doctors, scientists, and even artists.
- They are also very good listeners who help them become successful counsellors.
- Other preferable fields for the natives of Shravan Nakshatra are geology, economy, politics, hospitality, and charity.
People born under Shravan Nakshatra generally lead a healthy life but can have sensitive skin.
The natives are of course not devoid of diseases. Some of them are temporary while some can persist.
The usual health problems seen in the male natives of this Nakshatra are weak digestion, problems in ears, tuberculosis, and skin disease.
While the female natives of Shravan Nakshatra can suffer from eczema, tuberculosis, and leprosy.
- 1st Pada: The first pada falls into 10°00′ – Mars rules 13°20′ of Capricorn and. The planetary influence here has a focused on logic, initiative, and ambition.
- 2nd Pada: The second pada has a range of 13°20′ – 16°40′ of Capricorn and is ruled by Venus. The natives ruled by the second pada are diplomatic and have a successful career in the music and entertainment industry.
- 3rd Pada: Within the range of 16°40′ – 20°00′ of Capricorn, the third pada is ruled by Mercury. The focus of this pada captures the best traits of Shravan Nakshatra. Here the focus is on communication and expansion of knowledge.
- 4th Pada: Falling into the range of 20°00′ – 23°20′ of Capricorn, this native ruled by Moon. The jobs in the hospitality industry and politics are for these natives. Here the focus is sympathy and reception.