Kala and sarpa literally mean ‘time’ and ‘serpent’. According to Vedic astrology, we consider Kala sarpa yogam inauspicious. Perhaps, this yoga is one of the most feared in Hindu astrology. There can be twelve types of yogas in this category. However, all of these do not affect us negatively. It can give us great benefits based on some exalted planetary positions. For instance, the positions of Rahu and Ketu along with your karmic history determine the nature of the yoga. Therefore, a closer look into the planetary positions can give us fair knowledge of
This yoga can be categorised as an inauspicious dosha. Generally, we associate adversities and misfortunes with it and may even refer to it as a dosha. Therefore, it is imperative to know the various types of
What is Kala Sarpa Yoga?
When a birth chart has all planets placed between Rahu and Ketu, this type of yoga sets. So the next question is quite obvious. What is kala sarpa yoga? Is it
Rahu and Ketu are the Head and Tail
Kala sarpa yogam is created when the seven planets( Sun, Moon, Mercury, Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn ) in our birth chart are trapped between fateful rahu and ketu. Thus, they can be categorised into twelve types on the basis on their placements. The types of kalsarp are as follows:
kalasarpa yoga ( Rahu is in lagna and Ketu in the seventh house) This formation can give about delayed marriage, health issues and problems in marriage. However, we may expect a slightly better situation post the age of twenty-seven, in case of a healthyplanetary effect.
kalasarpa yoga ( rahuin second house and ketuin the eighthhouse) You may suffer financial, personal failures or issues with property inheritance. Although, there may be some improvement after the age of thirty -three in the absence of other dosha.
- Vasuki kala sarpa yoga (rahu in third house and ketu in ninth house) You could have a weak relationship with siblings and face dejection despite hard work. This yoga can reduce its influence after the age of thirty – six if other planets are strong.
kalasarpa yoga ( Rahu in fourthhouse and Ketu in the tenth house) Perhaps this yoga is one of the most painful one. You may face financial loss due to a family member, and even problems with education and profession .Itmay get better over the age of forty-seven in some people.
There is more to Kala Sarpa Yoga!
kalasarpa yoga ( Rahu in fifth house and Ketu in the eleventh house) this is clearly an indication of your past karma. You have difficulty in childbirth. Furthermore, your child will experience ill health. And worse, face issues in education and career. In addition to this, you may expect to suffer financial constraints. After the age of forty-eightyou could see a gradual improvement in your state, only if a good yoga is present.
- Maha Padma kala sarpa yoga ( rahu in sixth house and ketu in twelfth house) As the term suggests, this can be a very difficult situation for you. All kinds of suffering remains in your life until your middle age! Financial pressure, hurdles and enmities.
- Takhak kala sarpa yoga( rahu in seventh and ketu in first house) Such a position will elevate you to heights, but you will be drawn towards a sainthood and spirituality.
- Karkotak kala sarpa ( rahu in eighth house and ketu in second house)Financial loss and unstability are common for these people. Minor accidents and legal issues can happen during this period. Although you could have a better position after thirty-three years of age, provided you have good yogas otherwise.
A few more!
- Sankhachur kala sarpa (rahu in ninth house and ketu in third house) Unexpected drop in professional role is possible. Also a argumentative and weak professional relationship can occur until the age of thirty -six.
kalasarpa (Rahu in tenth house and ketuin fourthhouse) Relationship with mother is affected with this yoga. You may have interferenceof family members in your personal life a very difficult situation to deal. However, you can settle overseas to be away from such problems.
kalasarpa ( Rahu in eleventh house and Ketu in the fifth house) Low financial prosperity and issue with children can be common for you. Speculation can be avoided, it would cause a loss in finance.
- Sesh Nag kala sarpa( rahu in twelfth house and ketu in sixth house) You will cultivate unknown enemies with kala sarpa yoga. You may gain success as a politician but face humiliation, downfall and a dissatisfied life.
Can this yoga trouble you?
Yes and No. This yoga can show mixed effects. To explain further, this yoga can cause negative impact when ketu is six rashis before other planets and rahu follows behind. In such scenario, rahu is dissipated and weak! Further, if rahu and ketu are in kendra position, it can be an unhealthy occurrence. That is, you could experience success and failure depending on your karma. The malefic influence of rahu and ketu could bring about a downfall in life or an exalted position in some others with benefic effects.
The most common ill results can be:
- Loss of property or wealth
- Loss of job or business bankruptcy
- Ill health and reduced lifespan
- Disturbed family life or divorce
- Imprisonment or legal issues.
Although Kala sarpa yogam is easily linked with ill influences, it does exhibit some colourful shades! For instance, you could be adventurous and hard – working. And may raise to high roles in your business or career despite a restless nature owing to this yoga. Ultimately, you need to be aware that it functions clearly on the moods of
Kala Sarpa Yoga is not always Negative
The exact formation of this yoga has rahu at the head and ketu at the tail of the natal chart. They engulf all the seven planets such as Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus ,Jupiter and Mars . Generally, when rahu sits six rashis ahead of the other planets with ketu at the end , the ill effects are considerably reduced. We can expect a good life. This positivity can further increase with rahu and ketu in a tri- alliance. In some cases the rahu is powerful and beneficent and when the planets move towards such a rahu, they feel exalted influences. However, our benefic planets can reduce the evil effects of this yoga.
Moreover, if any planets break the chain formation and moves out, then the yoga is not malefic. Furthermore, if the lagna is housed by a powerful benefic planet, we can experience kala sarpa yoga benefits quite effectively. Did you know popular personalities had this yoga? Former Indian Prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru, singer Lata Mangeshkar, legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and India’s top businessman Dirubai Ambani had this yoga too!
Remedies can give you strength
What are the kala sarpa yoga remedies for you? Fortunately, there are simple poojas and rituals that can help you deal with the harmful effects of kala sarpa yogam. As this yoga is more of a karmic reflection, we can appease rahu and ketu with dedicated prayers and reduce the ill effects. Thus, we may follow some time -tested kala sarpa yoga remedies to lead a happy and fulfilling life.
We may visit and perform special poojas as kala sarpa yoga remedies. Some of the popular holy abodes we visit are :
- Tirunangeshwaram Kovil in Tamil Nadu
- Kukke Subramanyam Temple in Karnataka
- Sri kalshasti Temple in Andra Pradesh
We could have kala sarpa yogam in our birth chart even in case of harming a serpent in the present or past life. As we know, rahu and ketu behave in accordance with our unfulfilled desires, with lagna in their trap, we could go through ups or downs in unexpected pattern. Therefore, we may perform prayers and rituals at famous snake temples to ask for forgiveness. Regular prayers can give us kala sarpa yoga benefits. Moreover, these remedies can greatly reduce the ill influence of this yoga and help us lead successful lives.