- Shashtiamsa Varga indicates the Sum of the Balance Sheets of our previous lives – basically indicates the position and the avasthas of the planets based on the karma of past lives of ours /our parents etc.
- Planets take up different avasthas, exaltation and Debilitation points, Benefic and Malefic Influences based on the summation of past karmas.
- The position and avasthas/strengths of the planets gets reflected and Benefic Shashtyamsa indicates positive influence in the current life.
- The details of the same are indicated below:
1. Ghora –
2. Rakshasa – demon
3. Deva – one who is full of light
4. Kubera – god of wealth
5. Yaksha – divine singer
6 Kinnara – Half man
7. Bhrsta – fallen
8. Kulagna – person will ruin family
9. Garala – poison
10.Vahni – fire
11. Maya – deceit
12. Pureeshaka- dirty
13.Apampati – rain god(varuna)
14.Marut – wind god
15.Kaala – Time
16.Sarpa – Snake, very vicious
17.Amirta – nectar
18.Indu – moon
19.Mrdu – soft
20.Komala – tender
21.Heramba – vinayaka
22.Brahma – universal father
23.Vishnu – one of the Hindu trinity
24.Maheswara – another deity of Hindu trinity
25.Deva – enjoyment
26.Ardra – moist
27.Kalinasa destruction of strife
28.Kshiteesa – ruler of earth
29.Kamalakara – pond full of lotus
30.Gulika – Saturn’s son
31.Mrtyu – death
32.Kala – time god
33.Daavagni- forest fire
35. Yama- death personified
39.Aoornachandra- full of effulgence
40.Visha dagdha- venom consuming
41.Kulanaasa- ruins the family
42.Vamsakshya- descendants not growing
44.Kaala- time god
48.Karaladhamstra- hard and ferocious look
49.Chandramukhi- moon faced
50.Praveena- well versed
51.Kaala pavaka- destructive fire at the end of the world
52.Dhandayutha- the staff held by the ascetic
56.Atiseetala- too cold
60.Chandrarekha- streaks of the moon
Applications/ Use of Shashtiamsa:
of states of various planets/Grahas in Shashtiamsa gives an indication for the
current life including Karmic intent for payback this life time etc.
- For ex: Ghora or Kula Naasa are negative states of grahas and if the lagna or any planet in these states may manifest their respective avasthas in the current life.
- It represents the sixtieth division and hence the time has to be accurate else the chart and the Amsas will not be valid
- Also, shashtiamsas can indicate if a retrograde/ Vakri planet will manifest itself in the current avatar based in malefic or benefic influences.
- Can get an idea of the previous lives and any indications (positive or negative) from past lives including type of death, human being etc.